Woodpecker Detective’s Office is a 1999 Japanese mystery novel composed by Kei Ii. Crunchyroll discharged an English-subtitled trailer for the TV anime of Woodpecker Detective’s Office mystery novel. The video previews Makoto Furukawa’s opening theme song The Skies Are Clear Again Today.
The anime is a Crunchyroll co-production, and it will debut on April 13 in Japan, and Crunchyroll will stream the arrangement overall outside of Asia as it airs.
The anime will star Shintarō Asanuma as Takuboku Ishikawa and Takahiro Sakurai as Kyōsuke Kindaichi.
Anime’s other announced cast members include:
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Kodo Nomura
- Yukiya Hayashi as Ryūnosuke Akutagawa
- Sōma Saitō as Isamu Yoshii
- Yuichiro Umehara as Sakutoro Hagiwara
- Kensho Ono as Taro Hirai
- Makoto Furukawa as Bokusui Wakayama
Anime’s staff members include:
- Shinpei Ezaki is the chief director of the anime at LIDEN FILMS
- Tomoe Makino is directing the series
- Taku Kishimoto is overseeing the series scripts
- Kaoru Saki is credited with the original character designs
- Shuichi Hara is adapting character designs for animation
- MONACA is composing the music
- Youji Shimizu is the sound director
The novel’s story is set in 1909 during Japan’s Meiji era and centers on fictional versions of real-life poet Takuboku Ishikawa and real-life linguist Kyōsuke Kindaichi, who were acquaintances in real life. In the novel, Takuboku runs a private detective agency to support his family. Both begin to investigate a case of supposed ghost appearances at the Asakusa Jūnikai building, also known as the Ryōunkai.