Toei Animation’s new gem, THE FIRST SLAM DUNK anime film in its 44th day at the Japanese box office has sold 5.67 million tickets and brought in 8.27 billion yen which is about US$64.58 million as of Sunday. For the eighth week in a row, the movie topped the weekend box office in Japan. In Japan, the movie is currently the 72nd-highest-earning movie of all time.
The film’s main cast members include:
- Shugo Nakamura as Ryota Miyagi
- Jun Kasama as Hisashi Mitsui
- Shin’ichirō Kamio as Kaede Rukawa
- Subaru Kimura as Hanamichi Sakuragi
- Kenta Miyake as Takenori Akagi
The Birthday will perform the anime film’s opening theme, and 10-FEET will perform the ending theme “Dai Zero Kan.”
The anime’s staff includes:
- Animation Studio: Toei Animation
- Inoue as the Director
- Yasuyuki Ebara as Character Designer and Animation Director
- Katsuhiko Kitada, Naoki Miyahara, Toshio Ōhashi, Yū Kamatani as Technical Directors
- Daiki Nakazawa as the CG Director
- Yūta Ogura as the CG Producer
- Kazuo Ogura as the Art Director
- Yota Tsuruoka, Koji Kasamatsu are the Sound Directors
Slam Dunk is a Japanese sports manga series composed and illustrated by Takehiko Inoue. It recounts the tale of a basketball team from Shōhoku High School in the Shōnan area of Japan. It was serialized in Shueisha’s shōnen manga magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump from October 1990 to June 1996, with the parts gathered into 31 tankōbon volumes.
The manga was adjusted into an anime TV series by Toei Animation which circulated from October 1993 to March 1996 and has been communicated around the world, getting a charge out of much prominence especially in Japan, a few other Asian nations and Europe.
The series has 170 million duplicates available for use, making it the seventh smash hit manga series ever. In 1994, it got the 40th Shogakukan Manga Award for the shōnen classification. In 2010, Inoue got exceptional recognitions from the Japan Basketball Association for advocating ball in Japan.