The American streaming giant Funimation announced on Thursday that they will stream the Requiem of the Rose anime.
The anime will debut on Tokyo MX, Sun TV, and KBS Kyoto on January 9, and on BS11 on January 11.
The anime will be airing for two back to back cours, for a half-year nonstop run.
The manga’s dull dream story adjusts Shakespeare’s Richard III.
Viz Media authorized the manga, and the company portrays the story:
“Richard’s father, the patriarch of the House of York, is poised to become king of medieval England during the bloody Wars of the Roses. But just as success is imminent, he is abruptly cut down. Plunged into despair, Richard acts out in revenge and must face a powerful and beautiful new enemy.”
The anime’s cast includes:
- Mitsuki Saiga as Richard
- Hikaru Midorikawa as Henry
- Sho Hayami as Richard, Duke of York
- Kousuke Toriumi as Edward
- Yasuaki Takumi as George, Duke of Clarence
- Satoshi Mikami as the Earl of Warwick
- Satoshi Hino as William Catesby
- Sayaka Ohara as Queen Margaret
- Kōhei Amasaki as Edward of Westminster
- Sayumi Suzushiro as Lady Anne Neville
- Ayumi Mano as Lady Isabel Neville
- Shizuka Itou as Queen Elizabeth
- Aya Hisakawa as Cecily Neville
- Houchu Ohtsuka as Narrator
- Riho Sugiyama as Henry Stafford
- Aoi Yūki as Joan of Arc
The staff includes:
- Kentarō Suzuki as the Director
- Animation Studio: J.C. Staff
- Hiroki Uchida as the Script Supervisor
- Chikara Hashizume as the Character Designer
- Kentaro Izumi as the Art Director
- Mayumi Tanahashi as the color designer
- Akihiro Takahashi as the Photography Director
- Yoshikazu Iwanami as the audio director
- Kou Otani as the music composer
- Lantis as the music producer
Requiem of the Rose King is a Japanese manga series composed and delineated by Aya Kanno. Inexactly dependent on the Shakespearean plays Henry VI, Part 3 and Richard III, the series follows the personality of Richard III during the turbulent Wars of the Roses (1455–1487) period in English history.
ALSO READ: The Most Anticipated Anime Of 2022