A recently held Raven of the Inner Palace related livestream debuted the anime‘s first trailer and another key visual on Saturday.
The new trailer of the Raven of the Inner Palace anime unveils two additional cast members and the anime’s October 1 debut.
The new cast members include:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Onkei
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Tankai
The anime’s main cast members include:
- Saku Mizuno as Jusetsu Ryō
- Masaaki Mizunaka as Kōshun Ka
- Taku Yashiro as Eisei
- Marika Kōno as Jiu Jiu
The anime’s staff include:
- Chizuru Miyawaki as the Director
- Animation Studio: BN Pictures
- Satomi Ooshima as the Script Supervisor
- Shinji Takeuchi adapts Ayuko’s original character designs for the animation
- Asami Tachibana as the composer
Raven of the Inner Palace is a famous Japanese light novel series which is composed by Kōko Shirakawa and illustrated by the artist Ayuko. Shueisha have distributed seven volumes since April 2018 under their Shueisha Orange Bunko imprint.
The story of the novel is as following:
“The novels’ story centers on Uki, an imperial concubine who has never been called to the emperor’s bedchambers, and maintains a singularly unique life within the harem chambers. Seen by some as having the appearance of an old woman, and some others as a young lady, she is knowne to use mysterious magic that helps with everything from finding lost items to inflicting curses. When a circumstance makes the emperor call on her, their meeting will change history.”