Knights of Sidonia, the anime adaptation of space opera and mecha manga created by Tsutomu Nihei debuted from the year 2014 to 2015 and it received a huge amount of fans’ attention with its well-planned story and the decent animation by the Polygon Pictures.
Recently the Polygon Pictures declared on Friday that the company is producing another anime film dependent on Tsutomu Nihei’s Knights of Sidonia manga. The new film, named Sidonia no Kishi: Ai Tsumugu Hoshi (Knights of Sidonia: The Star Where Love is Spun), will open in 2021.
The anime‘s official website released a teaser video that highlights the insert song Utsusemi by the CAPSULE.
The anime’s staff includes:
- Hiroyuki Seshita as the Chief Director
- Tadahiro Yoshihira as the Director
- Sadayuki Murai and Tetsuya Yamada are Penning the Scripts
- Mitsunori Kataama as the Art Director
- Reiji Nagazono as the Animation Director
- Naoya Tanaka as the Production Designer
- Masayuki Uemoto and Takuma Ishibashi as the CG Supervisor
- Shūji Katayama is Music Composer
- Mitsuo Yoshino as the Background Art Director
- Hironori Nochi as the Color Designer
- Yoshikazu Iwanami as The Sound Director
- CAPSULE is performing the film’s theme song and insert songs
- King Record is producing the Music
- Clockworx is distributing the film
The new anime film will take an alternate way from the manga, and will highlight a spic and span story administered by Nihei. The film will have a bringing cast back.
Knights of Sidonia is a space opera and mecha manga arrangement by Tsutomu Nihei, serialized by Kodansha in their magazine Afternoon between April 2009 and September 2015, confined in English by Vertical. The arrangement recounts to the tale of Nagate Tanikaze, an “under-occupant” bound to turn into a Garde pilot, whose strategic to shield the monstrous spaceship Sidonia from a threatening outsider animal categories called Gauna.
The story follows the undertakings of Garde pilot Nagate Tanikaze, who lived in the underground layer of Sidonia since birth and was raised by his granddad. Never having met any other individual, he prepares himself in an old Guardian pilot test system consistently, in the long run acing it. After his granddad’s passing, he rises to the surface and is chosen as a Guardian pilot, similarly as Sidonia is by and by compromised by the Gauna.