Weathering With You has been causing a ripple effect since its discharge in Japan, getting one of the most widely praised anime motion pictures of the year. While Demon Slayer was effectively the greatest new anime property that dropped in 2019, with fans attracted to the undertakings of the swordsman Tanjiro in his mission to spare his sister, Nezuko, from devil ownership that was attacking her soul. En route, Tanjiro has been preparing to turn into a commendable individual from the Demon Slayer Corps and en route has been battling various demons.
The Tokyo Anime Film Festival (TAAF) declared the victors of its Animation of the Year grants for works and people on Thursday. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba won the TV anime category for works and Weathering With You won the animated film category.
- Original Work/Screenplay Category: “Author Koyoharu Gotouge” (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Director Category: “Makoto Shinkai” (Your Name, Weathering With You)
- Animator Category: “Akira Matsushima” (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Tales of Zestiria the X)
- Background/Color/Video Category: “Mikiko Watanabe” (Violet Evergarden, Beyond the Boundary)
- Sound/Performance Category: “Yuki Kajiura” (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel, Sword Art Online: Alicization – War of Underworld)
“Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love Kingdom” Movie won the festival’s Anime Fan Award, based on the fan votes.