The live-streamed Netflix Anime Special declared that Baki: Dai Raitaisai-hen, the second new anime period of Keisuke Itagaki’s Baki (New Grappler Baki: In Search of Our Strongest Hero) manga, will make a big appearance only on Netflix worldwide on June 4.
GRANRODEO plays out the opening theme song, and Ena Fujita plays out the ending theme song.
Baki Season 2 anime’s new and returning staff members include:
- Shingo Ishikawa, Masanori Nishiyama, and Toshiki Hirano are directing the second season at TMS Entertainment
- Fujio Suzuki and Shingo Ishikawa are designing the characters
- Tatsuhiko Urahata is in charge of the series scripts
- Masanori Nishiyama is the new art director
- Hiromi Miyawaki as the color designer
- Tatsuo Noguchi as the director of photography
- Yuriko Sano as editor
- Kenji Fujisawa as the composer
- Keiko Urakami and Yasuyuki Uragami as the sound directors
Netflix describes the story: “The protagonist, Baki Hanma, trains with an intense focus to become strong enough to surpass his father, Yujiro Hanma, the strongest fighter in the world. Five of the world’s most violent and brutal death row inmates are gathering to face Baki. Their objective is to taste defeat their unmatched strength and skill have led them to grow bored of life itself, and they now seek out Baki in the hopes that he can overwhelm and utterly crush them. In this crisis, other underground martial art warriors gather to fight by Baki’s side: Kaoru Hanayama, Gouki Shibukawa, Retsu Kaioh, and Doppo Orochi. An epic showdown between violent death row inmates and Baki and his friends begins!”